PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Status of pilot training in Canada as a whole?
Old 3rd May 2013, 23:24
cyrilroy21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@jyothisjohn

You need to think carefully before stepping into this career with a limited amount of money

I am guessing you are an Indian Citizen who does not have the inherent right to work anywhere else in the world .

As far as Canada is concerned from my limited knowledge most employers already require a Work Visa / Permanent Residency / Citizenship in order to work
Most wont be willing to sponsor you since there is no shortage of pilots in Canada

I have heard of a few cases where if you get a Flight instructor rating , the flight school might sponsor you to work temporarily . I am not sure if its possible to convert the temporary work permit to a permanent one .

After that you will have to come back to India where the situation is pretty grim . On top of that you will need to convert your Canadian License to an Indian DGCA license in order work in India
Have a look here . Read it carefully and thoroughly

http://www.dgca.nic.in/circular/FCL1_2012.pdf

Also remember that almost all airline in India require you to bear the cost of the type rating which costs between 15-20 lakhs . This in addition to the cost of training for CPL

And lastly have a look at the IndiGo Cadet Pilot Program

Also apply for the International Cadet Program run by an airline head quartered in AbuDhabi