PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 3rd May 2013, 19:08
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rank and File.

There are philes of all types at FF, anglophiles, bibliophiles, coprastasphile, defecaloesiophile etc.....

But the ones Sunny refers to exist, on both sides of the fence. The more interesting ones however begin and end with the CASA system. Yes Sunny there are a few files laying about the place, hell I've even got one or two myself – somewhere about the place. Great rainy day reading. Three steps to Nirvana:-

1) Get a copy of all the CASA procedure for achieving anything –

2) Obtain all the associated paper work,

3) Then, simply confirm that the prescribed, published procedure was followed.

It sounds dry, but be assured it's not. Eight times out of every 10 you will find that procedural 'slips' have been made: the ninth will have deliberate breaches, omissions and will have 'run around the back' of the system. Number ten will blow your socks off. One in every ten will be a deliberate manipulation of system, a stretch of the regulation and contain some heroic bluff, puff and spin. Of course this makes a happy playground for the legal chaps and chapesses, but not too much fun for those now caught within 'the system'.

Now, I notice AA getting a mention herein. The BRB jury is still out on this chap, lots of discussion and many, many tales; but little solid evidence of malice and aforethought. The BRB reckon his is a tough job, trying to keep the lid on and cover everyone's ass. It is what he gets paid for; sure he's a lawyer and a little like Harvey in that, like it or not, they both do a good job – for the client i.e. CASA. A legal type once told me that they are obliged to act on the clients brief (Creamy, sit down) and are not in a popularity contest, but paid to win. That aside, the man will always take a call and respond to a written request - you may not like the response, but at least AA does not run away or ignore. I can appreciate that.

I wonder though – just how often a man (or woman) in AA's position has to run about the place, putting out fires not of his (or her) making. How often there is a pregnant "Oh Faruk" moment when a gross obscenity lands on his desk, out of the blue, exploding like a fully loaded chamber pot lobbed through the window. I expect he'd do his job and clean up the mess, protect the troops and satisfy the demands of his lords and masters. I'd bet the pot plants are bloody well fertilised.

BRB jury stalemate, benefit of the doubt and decision delayed until creditable evidence presented M'lud; if, and we must, apply the play the ball, not the man rule, to be fair.

The word Fairyophile just popped into my old wooden head – I'll ask Gobbles if it's kosher....

Last edited by Kharon; 3rd May 2013 at 21:22. Reason: Vainglorious attempt at being PC – Yuhk, yuk, yak. & second coffee syndrome.