PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cargo Crash at Bagram
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2013, 15:12
FirstStep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
and More questions..

Just a thought I'm throwing out.

During "normal" flight, the combination Horizontal Stabilizer and Elevator create downward lift. I previously assumed there was a load shift, of a significant enough moment, to prevent the pilot from being able to lower the nose, utilizing both full elevator and stabilizer trim ( not enough lift ). And this occurred while the tail had airflow over it. I am also assuming the horizontal stabilizer reached a stall condition prior to the majority of the wing ( approaching the apogee ), and maybe was developing NO ( vertical) lift.
My question that I'm throwing out is, if the C.G was so far aft, Why didn't we see a tail slide in the video?. Or possibly a flat spin?.
What I saw in the video, was what I believe to be a "normal" high AOA stall, with the aircraft going through all the roll, yaw, and pitch changes that one would expect to see.....followed by the beginning of a "normal" recovery. This is how we expect an aircraft to react, assuming the C.G. is within limits.
I think we are all trying to make "sense" of what happened along with this video. It is hard to just let this go. Excuse my poor wording.