PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Strikebreakers!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2003, 13:21
MAMPOWER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am amazed at what I am reading especially all this talk that a one day (10 hours) 747 course is not safe.

You are forgetting that all MAM casuals have already gone through the initial 5 week cabin crew EP course & are have attendned their annual /bi annual days & passed.

Like all QF crew, MAM casuals are operating crew and are certified in QF emergency procedures and like all Short Haul crew are certified to fly on 737, 767, A330 aircraft.

Therefore this one day course is sufficient, as all you are learning about is communication systems, Door operation, oxygen, equipment location for the 747.

All other procedures are already known as we are operationg crew already.

Just like all Short Haul crew were endorsed on the A330 aircraft recently. We all went to a 1 day EP course to be trained on the A330 and we don't feel that is unsafe!!!! That is because we are proficient with all the common procdures etc already!

I feel that this issue is being made bigger than what it should be.

MAM casuals are not QF employees and are contracted to cover uncovered work. No labels should be put on MAM Casuals just because they are covering flying that is available due to the fact that some flight attendants want to attend a meeting.

There will be CSMs operating as CSMs on the flights....Not all Long Haul Flight Attendants want to or will attend the stop work meeting...a situation could see only a few MAM casuals & maybe no MAM casuals onboard a flight during the stop work meeting as the rostered flight attendants may turn up for work....are they labelled scabs too??????

This is about choice.....I do not judge...if one wants to attend the meeting that is their right to do so...if a permanent Long Haul F/A wants to work during the meeting that is their choice....If MAM casuals want to be trained on a 747 & potentially get work and cover those F/As who want to attend the meeting that is their choice......who is anyone to judge what others do!!!