PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 9
Thread: Ryanair - 9
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2013, 14:46
FRatSTN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OAD.

a) Never at any point did I state you had a problem so I don't know why you are emphasising that I have.

b) What infuriates me (as I've said before) is the lack of analysis and just jumping to conclusions. Simply concluding the customers are irresponsible by flying Ryanair because of how the company magages its workforce is a classic example of that! How companies manage their workforce is internal information and companies don't tend to share a lot of that information.

c) The sad but truthful fact... Exploitation of workers happens through trade right across the world, as you quite nicely illustrate. Unfortuneately, as much as we try to change this, it will always be a problem. That's just the world we live in.

I'm not entirely sure though how that directly links to Ryanair. Yes they pay lower saleries and and make staff pay for their own food/drink etc. but they are one of the indutry's biggest employers in the world. The workers still have rights, if they were so unhappy then why have I never known Ryanair to have a single strike.

It's just how Ryanair trades competitively, through cost cutting in any way they can. In a case of "trade vs aid", aid wins hands down for you, since you support the subsidies but in any measure to trade more competitvely, you call people irresponsible or say they have no rights. Trade is never fair no matter how you do it. The only fair trade is no trade!