PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Denpasar refueler reckons............
Old 3rd May 2013, 13:54
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep TW

I do know it is Rupiah - known generally within the surfing community as "Rupes". Great currency - a mates wife asked for some money to go shopping and he asked "how much". She said 2 inches.. That was the depth of the wad that was handed over in 20k notes which was all the Seminyak ATM units would deliver.

I have done the DPS ADL MEL run with GA at the end of an "educational"' Had a great night out at the Sari Club too - one of my favourite haunts before the sods got at it. Anyone who blows up my pub of choice in any city can be assured that the 70 virgins will be nuns with bolt cutters.

90 minutes late out of DPS and on time into ADL.

There was a great deal of throttle used on all sectors of the flight.

DC10 equipment and what a magnificent aeroplane! She roared all the way to ADL.

GA has screwed up the schedules from October on though with the reopening of the London run. For reasons known only unto themselves they have severed all internal connections within Asia in favour of the connection to London.

There goes all my Padang and Medan oncarriage with them. It isn't only them, but bunches of other internal connections within Asia that go West.

I guess cleaning a mat with your head and downward force 5 times a day must loosen some connections in the end.

Ah - well - can't tell some people what is good for them.

best all

EWL

Last edited by Eastwest Loco; 3rd May 2013 at 13:58.