PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cargo Crash at Bagram
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2013, 12:20
Fr8Dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AtomKraft

I think the cargo probably shifted just as they rotated.

This would explain why no one had a spare hand to get the gear up.

If my guess (which is all it is) is right then about the only thing that they could have tried was to pull all the power off and slap it back on the deck.

No doubt they'd have done some sort (or maybe a lot) of damage either landing or in the ensuing overrun, but they might have lived.

I'm not surprised they didn't do that though. It's a huge mental leap to accomplish
The first logical post I have read on this entire 16+ pages! And I agree with you 100%.

Despite what some (Desert185) have claimed here, there is a large increase in pitch-up from the thrust of the engines.

Everyone keeps speculating on the main deck load. What was in the aft lower? And I am not sure I buy the tech stop only story from the company.

I have 15+ years flying 74's 200,300,400,LCF & -8, 7 years in the left seat. Many flights out of Afghanistan including 30+ flights out of Bagram. Also as a note, Last month I did 3 flights out of Camp Bastion. We always tankered enough fuel to get to Baku from there because fuel is $10 a gallon so we were told.

Last edited by Fr8Dog; 3rd May 2013 at 12:27.