Thread: Alouette II
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2013, 10:23
enstrompilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
alooette to trail fly

hi

Savoia

nice Idea, I am sure other pilots would be pleased to fly an hr or two, spread the word !

Instructors are few and far between - it MAY be possible for somebody like Tim Price to do so - he is local (ish) to me (has an FAA instructor ticket so may be OK ?) - or Loen Smith at Booker

If trail flight is considered 'instruction' may need a TRTO (or EASA Equivalent )?

As Ha-IDL (313b) is Annex II there may be issues on training in non EASA aircraft ???

But I do have HA-WKS and HA-WKZ - both EASA 318c (later version) that could serve. All have great hrs remaining and fully serviceable (of course).

keeping all 3 machine serviceable is a bit silly for just my personal flying, its a long story how it happened, may sell one, but not very committed to do so.

I would be more than happy for others to experience the machine, costs could be modest

Al2's have loads of power, loads of lift, loads of endurance (318c good for 4 hrs ? - 100 nmile range - are very low work load to fly, have great reserve for auto's etc

These machines a re a bit of a relic, but they are SO viable and still hold there own against younger designs. nothing gets close for operating costs, more R22 territory than, say, Jet box money, set against R44 - al2 compares very well.

And the 313b engine (particularly) make just the best noises ! - a smile on your face every time the 'autostart' fires up the big noisy thing above the BIG fuel tank !

Thanks for the pic

Ian

Last edited by enstrompilot; 3rd May 2013 at 10:28.