PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Linton
Thread: RAF Linton
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2013, 09:42
idle stop

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My graduation (Parade, 'Wings'....that puts it in a short period, AKA the Velcro Wings period, as so many had them taken away again....and Ball) coincided with a Canadian reunion shindig, but although I suppose I chatted to many Canadians that night I was certainly too p*ssed to remember anything afterwards!
Was it then, or at another Grad, that the CFI's Mini ended up by (but not in!) the pond patio behind the dining room?
Happy memories....though not of the Teas Maid (was she there then...she may even have still been a Maid if so...?) as I lived in OMQ at Dishforth.
Summer evenings with a beer on the said patio with honesty chits before the bar opened.....social times with our QFIs in the bar IN FLYING SUITS until 1900....unheard of by the poor guys that did BFTS at Cranwell...they didn't even share a Mess with their QFIs!
There was, however, a rumour that buried somewhere on the airfield there were a few boxes of aircraft clocks!
Last there in early 90s, flew up in a T67 for a go in the Tucano....
Of the survivors of my course to progress to squadron flying, 2 were rotary, and 2 ended up on heavies. One rotary guy ended up a 1*, and one of the heavies retired as a Gp Capt; the other went to BA and I met him by chance what must be a few years before he retired. So where did I go wrong? Still flying and loving it!
Any of you guys from No 8 (Interim) Basic Flying Training Course (or others of that period) out there? If so, do PM me.