PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training Bonds - I need info for an article please.
Old 3rd May 2013, 08:41
Gordomac

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Flying Journalist, hope this is useful stuff and we are remaining close to thread. I agree with Slowjet, I too was unable to fund the initial training deposit for SIA which cost me my dream job. Fabbo company, great people & marvelous place to live. Bonds work two ways sometimes. In my last job, I was moved from 767 to A340 & bonded for two years. Quite happy but I did poke fun at the company for issuing a ONE year contract (part of the Age Over 60 problem ) but bonding for TWO. Instead of beating me round the ears, my CP gave me dates, coffee & told me to calm down, explaining that the deal worked in my favour (thanks Nasser). If the Company failed to renew my contract, I would be free to leave with a valuable rating & no bond to pay off. If I left within the one year contract, that would be a contract break plus bond break & I could look forward to many sleepless nights. At which point, he winked and asked " More Coffee ?" !