PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Run and break when will they learn ?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2003, 11:41
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
alty meter

As you quite rightly conclude I dont want to see the R&B banned , what I do want to see is a bit more of what was once called airmanship.

The flying lawer has very clearly layed down the conditions under which can be safely carried out if you cannot meet these then a normal join should be made.

There seems to be an assumption that as North Weald or Duxford a R&B is OK because "every one knows what is going on" this is NOT the case the Jeppesen VFR airfield manual makes no referance to R&B joins so you cant be sure that i visiting pilot has the first idea of what is going on (after all he has properly briefed himself from the airfield plate) , remember that the "lookout" from the other pilot may be the "lookout" that saves you so why do something that leaves the other guy with no idea of what direction to look to maintain seperation ?.

I do fly in a military enviroment and the R&B is a safe way of joining but only when all the pilots in the area know what is taking place.

As for allthe talk of what is leagal and what is not , I dont give a damm what I dont want to see is another mid-air and more people killed because of non standard practices being used when it is not safe to do so.