PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ASIC processing time?
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2013, 06:57
MartinCh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was going to apply before flying to Australia, letting them know when I'd be at the borders (4th of July) and such able to have it finalised, but thinking of the cost, till I have a job or about to do checkride/flight test, no point applying too early. It'd just eat up 1-3 months from the validity/expiry date.

evilducky, now that's stupid system. There should be period before expiry date in place, not to reduce the validity. Did you miss it by applying more than month ahead? I'm still to read some fine print on ASICs, other than CASA's website guidance for application/docs.
It's like Fi or IR ratings, if renewed within validity (last few months), would have the next period reduced by how early one got renewal/revalidation done/processed?

What's more 'fun', is that I have too many PRIMARY documents/IDs, but not that many secondary or tertiary. After some 2 months, I had reply from CLARC that I can use my PPL(A) from abroad since it got picture, but need attached translation (really??) from Spanish. I'll dig out the fax from Argentine CAA that I had for verification for USA.
nombre: Martin - > Name: Martin
piloto privado -> private pilot (and so on)

Last edited by MartinCh; 3rd May 2013 at 06:59.