PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Strikebreakers!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2003, 11:28
Beer Baron

Received 163 Likes on 53 Posts
It is a concern to see references in previous posts to “black banning” fellow FA’s deemed to be strike breakers. While I understand the need to stand together, you are appealing to people who may not agree with your dispute and are not part of your union to see things from your perspective and stand by you in your action. Yet conversely you will not empathize with their situation and accept that many simply can not join you in a unanimous stand. Threats of, “your name will be tagged with with no chance of flying with QF”, for not conforming seem contradictory with the request for understanding and assistance.

It would be very disappointing to see a long running rift in the FA ranks over this issue as occurred with the pilots in 1989 and continues to this present day, which is of no benefit to either side.

Stand united but spare a thought for those you may be too quick to condemn. Safety (or maybe lack there of) is the bigger issue here.

............................................................ ..................................

I'll add a little to this if I may, a sort of $0.15AUD from the moderators.

The language this post refers to has been edited out of the original and the poster warned (not Beer Baron.) This thread is being very closely watched and so far is generally OK, and people are debating both sides with a high level of respect. Obviously some lessons have been learned from previous threads on here and elsewhere on the site.

The moderators are not here to take sides but to make sure that an environment for debate is maintained where people are not threatened. Therefore debate the issues without descending into the rhetoric Beer Baron is countering here and your argument will be heard full force. Use any of the standard emotive language from now on, and your post will be deleted; we will not have threats made on our watch from EITHER side. Thanks for the attention.

CC Forum Moderators

Last edited by Sick Squid; 23rd Feb 2003 at 17:03.