PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 3rd May 2013, 05:55
Mrglass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello all, final interview complete, notification in about a week if you made it or not, presumably after they speak with your referees.

- Show up at 9am, wait in lobby, at about 9:30 they come get you, gives you chance to catch up with some old buddies you may have met at CTC England

Office location Also the place you 'show up for work' each day (to plan where you're going to live, proximity-wise)

- Into a meeting room, introduction, schedule for the day, then they take all of your documents.

- Off to the coffee shop whilst they look at documents and verify everything is in order. (Bring UAE AED as they don't take credit card, you will buy lunch here it is not provided, food is excellent though, 20-30AED will cover you for sure)

- After 20 mins back to meeting room, any missing documents are gone over in front of the group so don't be the one who forgot your logbook!

- 10-20min Q&A from us to the company....anything is on the table, we asked about pensions scheme, bidding, scheduling, airplane orders, vacation time, do we get the Emirates Pilot Discount card (yes we do!), staff travel etc.

- Everyone off to coffee shop to wait for individual interviews, you are given an approx time slot. There were two interview panels but you will still be waiting around most of the day chit chatting with other candidates.

- Once everyone is done at around 4pm we were bussed off to a medical center to do our examinations.

- Once complete you are returned to the hotel, job done.

-------------------
- Interview panel: 1 HR 1 Pilot
- Same exact Qs from UK...tell me about a time...
- Mine lasted 30 mins maybe, VERY casual, VERY friendly
- Asked about commitments in the next few months
- Mentioned earliest start date would be Sept/Oct (NTR)
- Notification if successful within a week after they contact referees

That's it.
Insh'ala I will get the call and will be tearing up the skies in a shiny new 73.
If not I hope I've helped out others in obtaining their goal and wish everyone the best of luck.

PS: Don't forget the unladen airspeed Q! (Hint: European)

Last edited by Mrglass; 3rd May 2013 at 06:07.