PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cargo Crash at Bagram
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2013, 15:44
WhyByFlier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote:
I have an intuitition that they reduced their thrust the last seconds before the fully developed stall. Its an intuitition only, trying to get desperately a little nose down pitching moment. Who knows. FDR will prove.
An "intuition"? (I assume your "intuition" is based on your thousands of hours in B747's, right?)

Thrust was REDUCED? The airplane is falling out of the sky and the crew REDUCED thrust?

Right.

Congratulations. This qualifies for the most ridiculous statement in this thread.

Notadog, you CLEARLY haven't flown an under slung jet airliner.

From A320 QRH (so not 747 but still under slung, swept wing jet) - Stall recovery:

STALL RECOVERY

As soon as any stall indication (could be aural warning, buffet...) is recognized, apply the immediate actions:

NOSE DOWN PITCH CONTROL..................................................... ...............APPLY This will reduce angle of attack

Note: In case of lack of pitch down authority, reducing thrust may be necessary.

BANK........................................................ ..........................................WINGSLEVEL

● When out of stall (no longer stall indications) : THRUST...................................................INC REASESMOOTHLYASNEEDED

Note: In case of one engine inoperative, progressively compensate the thrust asymmetry with rudder.
Read the bit I have made bold and underlined. It's a fair idea to reduce thrust and extend slats if you're struggling with the pitch. Don't be such an aggressive little twerp.

There are those that don't know and those that don't know they don't know. You are the later.

Last edited by WhyByFlier; 2nd May 2013 at 15:45.