PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Changes to working practices at LACC
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2003, 08:02
IThink

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am sorry if some of you took my comments personally. At least Bex gave a detailed response. My comments were not personal, but just a view point from outside NERC. Life is two way street.

I still don't withdraw what I have said. The pains that I appreciate AC went through have now been bought and paid for. There hasn't been much discussion of the buy back of days in lieu this year and the OCT payments last year. They are behind you, finished and over with.

This perceived need to have managers fall on their sword publicly seems a bit too vindictive. Much of the NERC management has changed and I guess most of the rest will go soon enough - don't worry the "bird man's" guilt is well known. I imagine they feel the big bang change may bee too unstable, so slowly slowly catchy monkey. Even those outside NERC associated with the latter part of the project cannot have much longer to go. Those senior managers that really screwed up in the pre 1999 days are well gone.

I always listen to Bex, he talks sense a lot of the time. But NERC really needs to take care of what the rest of the company is facing and putting up with. It is as if NERC has a great big chip on its shoulder. Get over it, move forward and get on with it. Give a clean sheet of paper a chance.

The whole company hears of your plight, so show some "can do" attitude and produce some results this summer to show your direct managers and directors that you care more about your profession than just a suicidal wish to see the company fail. Show this co-operation and I am sure the "new" managers will move towards the concessions you seek.

Nerc has a unique culture compared to other units I have seen or worked in. It doesn't mean it is the right culture.......

There is no point slamming into me again, as this is the last post I will make on this forum.
Good bye and good luck.