PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA licenses?
Thread: FAA licenses?
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2013, 19:12
hueyracer

I might be able to help you on some of your questions (as i went this route last year myself)...

1)Do I need to have a FAA Medical before appearing for the check ride?
Yes-unless you do the checkride in the simulator, you need to have a valid FAA medical (not necessarily class 1, though)

2)Does this 10 hrs of familiarization flight on R 22/44 essential or sacrosanct?I intend to have my check ride on R-22/44 to reduce cost(No prior exp on R-22/44)
Have never flown Robinsons, so did not go this way.
Chose a school that operates H300-and was more than happy with that.
I took 5 hours including the checkride (ATPL(H) )...
Was ready for check after two-took the 3rd hour just for the fun of it (and because it was cheap)...

3)Do I need to have a FAA PPL issued on the day of arrival based in my current ICAO ATP?
No. You only need the validation letter.

4)What short of VISA do i require to apply for?M1 or a tourist?
Canīt help you there-Germany is on the "Visa waiver list"..

5)Incase the FAA medical is not require(Since Icao Medical is currentand verified)) then can I enjoy the privileges of FAA ATP commercial?
See above. No medical, no flying.

6) Any better suggestion or input from you friends to achieve a better deal in terms of Money,time, hassles and running around?
I did a lot of research-and still find that the school i picked was the cheapest (and best) solution for me....PM me for details..

7)Any school in USA already doing this stuff in a professional and transparent manner ?

See above...

8)Is this converted FAA ATP has any difference from a FAA ATP in terms of privileges?
No.
You will not get a "converted" license.
You can only convert your license into a PPL.
What you intend to do will end in a FAA "standalone" license, that is not different from any other ATPL(H) issued by the FAA...