PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cargo Crash at Bagram
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2013, 15:14
Mariner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
normal initial pitch attitude

1st step;

Flight time from Bagram to Al Makthoum is about 2,5 hrs iso 7, depending on the headwinds.

I'd guess 40 tons of blockfuel, 50 max. Even with a (partial-) load of say 80 tons, that would give a not at all heavy TOW of about 285 tons (max structural TOW = 396 tons). Does anyone know the load yet?

During rotation you normally aim for about 15 degr pitch attitude, and as soon as you get airborne follow the FD and shoot for V2 +10.
Initial pitch attitude out of a field elevation of ±5000' with this kind of weight (and derated) would be around 13 degr I would guess. With a full rated TO it would be higher, then the 16-17 degr you mention could be right.
Perhaps they don't use derated TO's for safety reasons there, I don't know. I've never been there and wouldn't mind if it stayed that way.

On the Classic we used to calculate the initial pitch attitude, but on the -400 you just go for 15 degr and then follow the FD. Couldn't find a table for it.
Perhaps someone here has the info, if it is relevant that is.

Last edited by Mariner; 1st May 2013 at 15:20. Reason: derated or full thrust t/o