PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cargo Crash at Bagram
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2013, 13:49
FirstStep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
V2+10( to +20)

There seems to be a few posters here who have an issue with the "radical" departure.....which is far from the case. Those who [actually] fly here, please forgive me...
The recommended departure to fly out of Bagram is a STANDARD NADP 1 departure. You fly a pitch that will hold the speed within V2+10 up to v2+20 until 3000' AGL. This profile is flown every day, by thousands of airlines, out of thousands of airports. Nothing radical by the crew. Now, the pitch required to hold the airspeed within those parameters is dependent on available thrust versus the aircraft weight. If the plane is very light, and thrust is high, the pitch will be high, around 16-19 degrees. So, nothing radical, just standard procedures. That said, Bagram is at 4895' field elevation, so performance is slightly reduced, so pitch would be less. Also, if the plane is on the heavier side, like I surmise it is ( hearing that they are REMOVING MRAP's instead of flying them in ), and flight time about 7 hours, I would say the plane isn't exactly light. I would guess the initial pitch to stabilize the speed to be about 16-17 degrees.
So, even though this may be a " zone of conflict ", I don't SEE any way that the flight crew's flying this departure could be seen as radical, or any way out of the norm, or be so excessive as to contribute, or cause a load-shift.
Of course I am speaking to those pundits out there who have very little to no actual flying experience. To all others, forgive my dissertation.