PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aussie Federal Election Aviation Matters
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2013, 12:47
my oleo is extended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree about Katter. He may come across as bit of a loony however it is more a combination of energy, passion and a genuine love of all things Australian. He would never live in a toffee nose city and he absolutely gives a sh#t about anything and everything Australian, gotta give him credit for that. Both he and his old man haven't kept office for so long because of 'good luck'. The Katter family work hard and work harder for their constituents. The only trough Bob drinks from is the one on his farm, unlike the greasy political parasites elsewhere. Mt Isa is a tough town. I would love to see Abbott, Gillard or Swanny do a couple of years out there! That would toughen them up and give them a taste of how the average person lives and works.

Steve, if you get into politics you would get my vote I reckon. You have displayed over the years a pretty genuine passion for things Australian, I like that. You have also on many occasions displayed exemplary testicular fortitude and you have been willing to lay your dusters on the line, I like that also, so continue forth.
However Steve, a word of advice (or warning), do not ever lose sight of your grass roots and roll over (or bend over) and become a turncoat. Combet was a solid union man, so was Shorten. Now they are just spineless lapdogs to the most rancid P.M Australia has had the misfortune of having.
(The jury is still out on Cameron, he still seems to have his plums firmly intact?)

Good luck son

Last edited by my oleo is extended; 1st May 2013 at 12:49.