PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Landing Question!
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2013, 11:34
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SSD

Have I suggested that ? Have I pointed out a reason why the majority of ILS are 2.5 to 3 deg? yes.
What I have done is explain the principals behind any approach and landing which is energy management and drag management.
My Citation held high no distance to get down for a straight in landing I want a high descent rate I need to stop that descent rate and stabilize before landing !!! Energy drag management!
You in your low powered draggy single! Steep Glide approach drag out tip the nose and lo and behold you are tapping into the potential energy in the airframe.
Leave engine power on and you have too much energy for the drag that is available speed shoots up.
What you do to get down is your business but whatever you do will be governed by the laws of physics.
It aint rocket science unless you are lucky enough to ride a lightning then who needs potential energy from the airframe vertical to 40K

Perhaps the fact that you cannot get my username right is an indication of how in touch you are with LIGHT aviation
FOXMOTH my apologies and rectified I have flown most singles maybe 25 types and have around 3000 hrs in piston twins of varying types, winter, night summer in all weather so yes I am probably out of touch with light GA

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 1st May 2013 at 11:41.