PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cargo Crash at Bagram
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2013, 11:12
MungoP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mungo P, from your knowledge of the perimeter road, how far do you think the camera was from the crash?

I don't drive the perimeter road that often, usually only when practicing on the range but I'd guess only maybe 300+ mtrs..
I was hoping for an educated response from someone familiar with audio equipment and RCSA supplied that.. thank you.

As for people witnessing some horror or other out here, keep in mind that there are maybe 30,000 personnel on the base.. a small town.. and that less than 10% of any military contingent ever see any form of active service, they may wander around the base varying M4s and side arms but that's more part of the uniform. 90+% are support staff working at various tasks, never leave the base and have no idea of conditions beyond the walls. As pilots we're more fortunate.

I've been back to the sight since to try to clarify whether we saw 5 or 6 MRAPS but the security people are preventing anyone from loitering.. we only had a brief opportunity to assess things on our first look so I can't be adamant about whether we saw 5 or 6.. don't wish to mislead anyone.

The video checks out in every way what we witnessed. No conspiracy theories please. Extremely lucky that as far as we can tell nobody on the ground was injured.. the a/c banking right saved a number of lives.. there are many people working to the left of the runway overrun at that location.