PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Strikebreakers!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2003, 00:35
airborne1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that unity in this instance is the only way. Unity to stand up to the maurices and inform them you were not contracted as union breakers and stand united to not let them do you out of your futures. If you stand united you stand a chance.

I'm on the preverbial shortlist and luckily for me they called back to say the contract wouldnt go ahead. I'm not sure if this still stands true though for the current casuals working for mam?

I think in all honesty though it is fair to refuse an offer of strike breaking - I know when they contacted me no mention of strike breaking was made. If they want to hold that against you later then screw them. No job sorry is worth that. Even an airline job. Its unfair and dishonest

I know how maurice works and I also know that when ansett went down and they did interviews for the current shortlisters..all of the ex ansett permanent f/a were called up for interviews...only a handful of ex casuals were considered...and all of this after maurices promise to get them all up and working again. They really didnt even get a look in. They gave loyalty...they got shafted

Best of luck to all concerned. Hold a meeting for the casuals...agree to stand united...you will stand stronger for it in the long run. Sell old junk at the markets to gain some extra cash.