PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA publishes draft IMC flight 'Opinion'
Old 1st May 2013, 09:31
BEagle

Received 274 Likes on 111 Posts
I am not racist, Francophobic or whatever else you may wish to call me. However, my personal opinion is that someone who signs a document which states:

The Agency fully appreciates the stakeholder reasoning of allowing MS to maintain some of their national licences, ratings, and certificates. It is true that this may not have an adverse effect on safety, however, it would contradict the general concept of a uniform European harmonisation and the aim of creating a standardised European regulatory system allowing for mutual recognition of licences.
is utterly beneath contempt. Because it says "We know that it wouldn't hurt safety, but it wouldn't fit in with our urocratic ideal of Brave New uroland".

We should enjoy the unique nature of our diverse European nations and cultures and benefit from European economic co-operation and free travel. But it is becoming abundantly clear that many people in the UK do NOT want to be part of some single monolith regulated by the EP and are becoming increasingly frustrated with the behaviour of the EP, EC and EASA.

Last edited by BEagle; 1st May 2013 at 09:32.