PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA publishes draft IMC flight 'Opinion'
Old 1st May 2013, 09:14
englishal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I still don't know how EASA can talk about "EU" and "EASA member states" and mix the two up like they are the same thing. They are not. Also "Operator" is not strictly defined anywhere. Very wishy washy the whole thing.

For example, if one flew an "out of EU" registered aeroplane (N or M say), for someone who lives in Switzerland (and owns the plane) but you live in the UK, what rules apply?

If you fly an N reg aeroplane, owned by a Trust in the US, what rules apply?

If you changed that around and registered your aeroplane with a US Citizen living in the USA, who is the operator now and what rules apply?

How would that work if you "sold" your aeroplane to say a US flight school, operating in the USA, but you flew it in the UK? I presume the operator would be the US flight school and not in the EU.

What about if I lived in Norway, but fly an N reg, owned by a US trust, hangared in the UK - That is not in the EU but is an EASA member state?

There is no wording anywhere that says "Pilot" or "Commander" but there is wording "based in the EU" (which of course there are many EASA member states NOT in the EU)....