PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA publishes draft IMC flight 'Opinion'
Old 1st May 2013, 08:45
Ellemeet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@beagle

rejecting the draft in Commitology would be the biggest disaster. As you say yourselve .. there are quit a few opposing countries as is. So I presume the draft to be the best possible compromise which was reachable.

In that case you win some you loose some.

Trying to score your one single point against a quantum leap forward in other aspects is a bad move for the large group. Having said that I would not mind having uk keeping the right to their Imcr within their own airspace.

What I fail to understand is what the big deal is with class A. More and more IFR is from gps point to gps point or you will be vectored.

The Ir rating requires 45 hrs minimum and also Icao and the Faa seem to agree on that. This includes approaches, flying in imc conditions, recoveries and interceptions.

In the Uk you have an IMCr where you do this in 15 hours, may do just about anything you please including approaches ... except that you may not enter class A (and mayb do a Sid? but that is easy).

So either the 45 hours is ridiculous ... or the IMCr is a stay out of trouble solution.. However it is used quit often as a normal planned feature.. I realise the system seems to work, I just try to understand why.