PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cargo Crash at Bagram
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2013, 03:52
mickjoebill

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Also note the left wing stalls first followed by a right hand roll.
In the you tube clip the aircraft is visible for longer as its not obscured by graphics.
Do you see the right wing drop a little first then the left then the right?
RAW FOOTAGE National Airlines 747-400 Plane Crash - Apr 29, 2013 - YouTube

Did someone verify the origin of this video. I am wondering about three things:
1.) As someone pointetd out the driver barely makes a noise. I was sitting here watching these horrific images and was saying out loud my thoughts "Oh sh@#!".
He acted like a cool customer, he stopped and reversed before the aircraft had crashed, that takes some degree of situational awareness and self control.

4.) What is the driver doing after the crash, going a bit here and then there (maybe shock). Seems like a military vehicle (Antenna)?
After stopping and reversing he repositioned closer and then appeared to block the road, perhaps as a traffic control measure.
He then may have tried to make a cell call.
Perhaps then he figured out the crash was still airside so traffic control not required, so went closer?
Perhaps dog is a pointer that he was a security officer, although lack of use of his radio or radio coming to life would be unusual?

2.) The date on the camera is wrong. Yes, could be not set properly but still.
If it were to be used as a record of a shift then the date is curious. The "time" may be hours and minutes since the camera was turned on.

3.) The noise heard from the outside is strange. I can hear the car driving but very little from a fully fueled 747 crashing on the ground.
Hard to judge how loud that would be and also the auto mic would be down fairly low to compensate for the engine and the high pitched interference. Sound of truck passing is also low level which matches the low level of the crash (downwind) in my view.

I am just a bit more careful with ANY video you see these days on the web as a lot of stuff can be manipulated and take it with a grain of salt until confirmed authentic.
Given the duration of the footage and that he travels closer to the crash it would be very very hard to fake. It also correlates with the eyewitness accounts.

Last edited by mickjoebill; 1st May 2013 at 04:12.