PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cargo Crash at Bagram
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2013, 03:01
White Knight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by grimmrad
I was sitting here watching these horrific images and was saying out loud my thoughts "Oh sh@#!"
Yeah. You were watching the video. From a dash-mounted camera. The camera saw what the driver may not have been aware of; until the impact! Maybe the driver was concentrating on not driving into the vehicle in front and didn't see the incipient crash!

He does utter a few choice words shortly afterwards!

The date on the camera is wrong. Yes, could be not set properly but still
But still. My GoPro Hero3 is about five weeks off the correct date. I still film with it every time I fly...

The noise heard from the outside is strange. I can hear the car driving but very little from a fully fueled 747 crashing on the ground
It's a little dashcam thingy. Not a cinematic camera with microphone boom operators or special effects. A thump rather than a bang is most likely anyway!

What is the driver doing after the crash, going a bit here and then there (maybe shock). Seems like a military vehicle (Antenna
I would imagine he would have been shocked. Yes......

I am just a bit more careful with ANY video you see these days on the web as a lot of stuff can be manipulated and take it with a grain of salt until confirmed authentic
Gotta to say - sadly - that it looks very authentic. If you know how aeroplanes move at high AOA and high thrust from low slung engines for example.