PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 206B3 fuel capacity
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2013, 01:16
John Eacott

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Cirrusly
Hi,

Does anyone know the fuel capacity of the B3 with range extender fitted? I've been looking all over the manual and it says nothing!
That's because it isn't a Bell part. Look in the Flight Manual supplement: it comes from the range extender manufacturer via an STC and is 96.7usg.

Background to the range extender was Bell's production of the original 206 with a substantial air space in the tank which couldn't be used for fuel as the filler was too low, limiting the fill to ~70usg. When the first range extender by Aeronautical Accessories was produced Bell were Not Impressed, claiming that putting more fuel into the tank would become an issue in the event of an accident or claim since the tank wasn't stressed for a full fill.

Now Bell produce the 206 with a higher fill cap and everyone's happy, which makes one wonder about the hysteria back 30-40 years ago

It also fails to mention the engine oil quantity, which I find a little disturbing.
Nothing disturbing in that, but the quantity will usually be in the Maintenance Manual: 5 litres springs to mind.

And while i'm on it, does anyone know the VNE for autorotation with standard floats?
Look in the BHT-206B3-FMS-8 for all stuff to do with fixed floats. Page 4, Engine Failure - maximum speed for steady state autorotation - 100mph (87 knots).