PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA publishes draft IMC flight 'Opinion'
Old 30th Apr 2013, 21:16
Adrian N

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adrian N, you have no idea about what's actually going on....
You might find I'm not quite as uninformed as you imagine. I don't criticise arguing to retain the IMCr, but I do criticise obsessing about it in the face of an overwhelmingly positive proposal from EASA. If the response began "this is a good proposal, which if adopted would give European pilots what they have been asking for for years, but...." then I wouldn't mind so much. It's the immediate criticism of the whole thing that I object to. That and the inappropriate personal jibes at EASA staff.

And I have no problem with the IMCr when it is properly taught - in which case it is fairly indistinguishable from training for an IR other than that the end result has restrictions which make it of limited utility (no class A, UK only). Looking back, I have a big problem with it when it is taught as appallingly as it was when I did the rating in the 1990s - qualified in minimum hours, examined by the 28 year old who had instructed me, and who only had an IMCr himself. Complete waste of effort for me and for many others who used the same school.

By the way, why do you always replace the "e" in "euro.." with a € symbol?