PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK military cuts, fear not ..
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2013, 20:14
dragartist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I represent that remark

Salad Dodger,
I find it so sad that you think like that.
Not all us simple servants were like that. I must admit I did come across a few that matched your stereo type. I was certaily not one of them.

I came accross all of the comparisons in my 30+ years. An SA 80 because they won't work and you can't fire them.

Those at the DRA - pre Q2 "Dont Rush Around"

Not allowed to look out of the windows in the morning- to give us something to do in the afternoon.

I kind of share your sentiments. the pitty is that those who fit your bill remain in post because they could not make it on the outside. I do wonder how many actually get found out and dismissed. How many get put on "Restoring efficiency" When I tried to get rid of some of mine the HR dept, particularly when it was PPPA advised against because they could not cope with the admin burden.

One thing that really troubled me was having to accept a new staff member on redeployment because it took more effort to declare them as unsuitable, particularly during the recruitment ban. It really is a shame that there were no forced redundancies. I figure most, but not all, in the redeployment pool are dead wood. Any good ones would have been snapped up.

Having read the stuff on Pprune and spoken to ex colleagues I am as well out of it.