PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Second rate effort but flying a jet
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2013, 13:41
Propellers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Second rate effort but flying a jet

Hello 1st post for me, having read pilots petes story of hard work and determination (this thread is on the sticky) I thought I would share my story which is quite the opposit just for another point of view.

I started flying about 2 years ago, I just sort of started going for something to do, didn't have a big passion or anything like some story's I have read.

Anyway I had my PPL and decided I would go on and get a CPL and instrument rating all throughout my training I failed all my exams and didn't study hard (not because I'm in idiot, just I am not motivated) anyways I passed my exams at the 4th a 5th attempts on all the various CPL subjects.

I failed high school and got F & G grades, never went to college so I was quite surprised I could get through these exams at all.

Anyways I went on to buy a type rating on the A320 of which I failed the check ride and theory exams but I just scraped through at 2nd attempt

I then bought 500 hours of line training and started flying with an airline on the A320 again lots of problems and my knowledge to this day is very poor I feel I know very little, anyways I somehow managed to get away with murder and was checked to the line, after my line training finished I was offered to stay on with the company and am half way through the 18 month contract I was offered.

After reading pilot petes story I feel I little shame, I certainly don't think I deserve to be here but hey I'm here, I wouldn't exactly say I love it, it's a job just like any other at the end of the day and I dread going to work sometimes because I hate early mornings and night flights.

Although my knowledge of basic aeronautics is poor I am a safe operator of the A320 as like anything if you do something enough it becomes hard wired to your head.

Anyways this is a flip side of the coin to petes story.

Thanks for reading guys