PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DUBLIN - 2
Thread: DUBLIN - 2
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2013, 12:48
ayroplain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The DAA should urgently send someone over to Gatwick to learn how to run an airport with the interest of passengers in mind.

When BAA ran Gatwick it was a dump but it has now been transformed - I'm not saying perfect. The Security operation is geared to get pax through fast. On my recent visits there were about 15-20 people at each channel as I arrived. Within minutes two more were up and running and some pax were moved to these. I was through in about 5 minutes. Contrast that with DAA/DUB T1 where they have long, long queues taking up to an hour (someone here reported even longer than that a few weeks ago) with only 4 out of 13 channels open and nobody giving a highlanders. This is a completely unacceptable situation.

Gatwick's lounge seating has been good and their latest version upstairs is positively luxurious. Meanwhile at DUB you get seats of hard cold steel. God help your backside if your flight is delayed.

Whoever designed the toilets at DUB must never actually have travelled through an airport on their way to somewhere.

PS I started typing this before the previous two posts!!

Last edited by ayroplain; 30th Apr 2013 at 12:51.