PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Instructor Grades
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2013, 09:39
Grievo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tinstaafl,

Awesome answer mate, thanks for taking the time to fill me in, I really appreciate it.

Kiwi,

Thanks for the response, about initiative, I agree completely, I was wondering at work and hopped on the mobile to quickly ask the question, hoping someone in the know, such as yourself would be willing to give me a quick rundown on what's involved. Being a student pilot I still see places like Pprune as a resource of information and access to knowledge from guys who've been around. But you're right, I should do more of my own legwork and look myself in future.

As for my personal ambitions, I really like the idea of instructing, I've instructed in other areas of my professional life and always enjoyed it, which is why I thought instructing would be ideal. Its a job low hour pilots can realistically aim to get. I also buy into the school of thought that a few years reaching good techniques and the basics will make me a better pilot in the long run. Unfortunately, I don't think being an instructor long term would be making the full use of the qualification as a pilot financially, but it's a string to the bow I'd like have.

Thanks again for the replies.

Last edited by Grievo; 30th Apr 2013 at 09:54.