PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Just got BURNED by Cotax!
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2013, 09:37
priapism

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm a keen photographer and frequent visitor to HKG. I avoid all the photo shops in TST and the Island because I got sick of being treated as fair game to be ripped off which happened to me once. I had a great experience with Sunning last month. At the moment Sunning and Broadway staff are given permission to discount from the usually uncompetitive ticketed prices. For instance, just for a bit of fun I haggled for a lens with a list price of 10800 at Broadway Yuen Long. I got the salesman down to 9350 which was cheaper than I was quoted at Wing Shing , Mongkok by 100. I got a great deal on a nikon 70-200 mm f4. Incredibly it was at Sunning at the Tuen Mun plaza. I got him down to 9800 with NO credit card surcharge. This was several hundred cheaper than anywhere else (including the Sunning store in Yuen Long.The only problem with Sunning is they don't stock a huge line but can get things in quickly if not on the shelf. As a guide to what the maximum I should pay for anything I check the Australian eBay site and check what the cheapest of the Hong Kong based sellers are asking. It is quite a competitive sales area and it usually is a good guide. I guess the moral of the story is to do your homework . There is a good HK based photographer's website that I have consulted on occasion. I will post the link if I can find it.