PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA publishes draft IMC flight 'Opinion'
Old 30th Apr 2013, 06:55
Ellemeet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
..... guys, can you please read yourselves back.... you are starting to moan like a bunch of old women who have been married for 50 years and have not have had sex since the first day of marriage.

If this is the way we go about when progres is made .... ???

regarding

1. go and live in the usa
2. true but some real competition is coming up. you will find a good ATO willing to accomodate you more than you will expect at a very reasonable price .. otherwise come to Rotterdam and I will gladly sort this or you.
3. the US way is much better but 1x per year is doable.
4. agreed, but it is still a quantum leap forward.. If you push it, you can do this really quick.
5. Hey, it is one Europe, just make a deal elsewhere and you will see ATO's waking up to the new reality. You will find plenty good and willing ones .. else see 2.
6. Ditto .. just a matter of finding a willing ATO. I know my ATO iN Rotterdam will gladly do it and be of service.

7. a170a? I presume you mean the checkride? I know in Holland they will charge you £ 300-350 for an ir checkride. And this is perfectly allowed while he would be accredited by your CAA .. so you are rid of these CAA employed examiners.

8. see 7.

Europe means a very strange way of finding a compromise solution whichs outcome is in many cases not the wanted endresult as there are allways a few countries who will hold you back regardless of logic or reason. It however also means that you have to look from a much broader perspective and find and see the oppertunities which arise from this.

I know that french ATO's are very willing as well. You will even find ATO's with dual Faa/easa fi .. making for an interesting combination. (for example if you would like to add a twin rating). Allthough I did hear some strange things about the cost of insurance when under a French ATO but that might be a purely french thing.

Last edited by Ellemeet; 30th Apr 2013 at 06:57.