PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easy times.
Thread: Easy times.
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2013, 17:06
Natstrackalpha

Location: Not far from the edge of the Milky Way Galaxy in the Orion Arm.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you in a puddle jumper, or flying a few hundred fare paying passengers?
By the way, am a puddle jumper about to complete on the A320 after studying the bus for an eternity.

Yes, this is exactly my point. Puddle jumping no worries in a spam can.

As you described (thank you) chucking it all down and swooping in from above is still no worries, especially, (don`t ask me why, am not a psychologist) if I can see am gonna make it, easily, and have practised it a million, ok, a thousand times either in reality or the sim. hell, I could breeze a heavy L1011 from base to finals, at the right speed and bring her in, from base to finals, no showboating, no risk pushing, no g, no energies making me go off onto a different direction other than that advertised, as I have done in the past.

Sadly, not (yet) had the honour of having the night sky lit up by those trying to make you into a roman candle.

What I was thinking was, as it (the IFR fltpln) is all tied up and packaged in the flight plan we have earlier pulled to pieces and briefed together it seems a shame just to fly in and waste it. Weird though it may sound, I DO feel safer going in on the IFR Flt Pln as planned, but would feel equally safe if the whole kit packed up and the conditions were marginal if not VFR, ways and means to get VMC and if in an obvious way physically possible and safe and do-able, then I would have no qualms about getting in nice safe and sound.

But, in day to day busy ops, full of pax, or at least, being larger and heavier than a puddle jumper at 60-74 T I would feel uneasy about leaving the game plan (as rehersed) and inventing a new way to land when both our brains are programmed for one of the IFR Approaches that are on the plane.
Its the flicking from one to another (IFR/VA) without imperative impetus, that makes me want to stick with the (IFR) game plan.

Stay safe

Last edited by Natstrackalpha; 29th Apr 2013 at 17:17.