PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Questions on relocating from UK to USA and potential pitfalls…
Old 29th Apr 2013, 15:53
PIELORD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Questions on relocating from UK to USA and potential pitfalls…

Dear All

I’m hoping that you’ll be willing to take some time to share your views on some questions I have. I’m considering relocating to Florida, to further my flying career from the UK. It would be my aspiration to fly for a charter company or small airline flying to the Islands etc.Therefore being in a position to enjoy the Floridian climate and fly commercially without having to relocate all across the USA working for the regionals.

I completed all of my flight training in the USA and have FAA ratings and licenses. It would be my intention to work as CFI until I had gained the required experience to be eligible to apply to suitable employers. I can (hopefully) apply for a green card through marriage to my American wife.

My questions are; As I'll be a non US citizen would employers be discouraged by this? In addition to my first question, I have a Masters Degree in Business Administration, but do not hold a Bachelors or Associates degree, would this discourage potential employers? The third concern I have is that by time I have the green card and experience to apply for the type of work I mentioned, I would be nearly forty years old , again do you feel this would be an issue for employment?

I would really appreciate any feedback,

Regards

Last edited by PIELORD; 29th Apr 2013 at 18:30.