PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 29th Apr 2013, 11:38
pemac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Report Fly Dubai Apr.10th Southend

In addition to the nice report from Mr. G. here some further aspects of the Apr.10th-Assessment, sorry for being a little bit late but my mate didn't pass the test unfortunately and I didn't want to bother him with Test-Information.

Though you've got the option to choose TypRated or Non Typerated on the Online-Application process (my buddy is not typerated and he clicked it accordingly) he faced a mixed (half by half) group of rated and nonrated guys.

===============

Test starts with presentation through FlyDubai-Women: "We do fly in dangerous areas such es Iraq, places of war etc.!"
Group of 10 was divided in a blue and red part. All blue were native speaker, the red one non natives. Exemption in the red group was a french guy but with almost 10 years experience in UK.

Red group (native speaking): 2 USA (with On-Site-Experience in Abu Dhabi), 3 UK, 1 FR

Blue group: 2 NL, 1 South American, 1 IT, 1 GER

It starts with the Apt.Test (Supervisory staff: "It's not so important!!"), Multicapacity etc. Only one (rated) 90sec-Run following introduction.

2 Team-Exercises

1) 4 points for discussion: Challenges right now, oportunities for Fly Dubai, what can crews do to make FD grow, (can't remember the 4th point)

2) NASA-Game: You've landed at the moon, you've got a list with 10 items, create a ranking, 5min before given time ended, they surprised with 2nd list and 5 further items (powdered milk, bottle of water etc.)

Lunchtime:

4 of the red group are allowed to continue

4 of the blue group were sent home. My buddy was in the blue and became blue

=== I'm not a native speaker, if you find any linguistic errors, you may keep it ===