PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - half Way through April and no-one cares.
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2013, 08:32
767200ER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Just having a browse through this thread and something is bugging me, i see guys starting to whinge and moan about EK, an airline your probably joined leaving worse and worsening conditions in other companies (i'm assuming you applied for the job there, did the interview and possibly moved your whole life to the middle east?). When you got there it was probably better than anything you had ever experienced in an airline nowadays...

Roll on a few years and you start to find the perceived cracks... i call them perceived because perception is unique to the individual. i.e you may be complaining about a profit share payout but the next guy who left his last airline because it went bankrupt is happy that he gets any pay check on time!

I'm only just over 2 years in aviation but i'm far from naive or wearing rose tinted glasses, and if this post is in the wrong place i apologise but i found it fitting because EK has long been regarded by my collegues as the "go to place" for a number of reasons and many of them have taken the plunge, if you compare the contract they had where i am now with what they have at EK its night and day.

My question is, are we, as pilots, Greedy? Even when we have a lot, we bitch and moan and want more, not taking into consideration all the other things we have...

No i'm not a management troll or whatever, i am just genuinely concerned that we are un-satisfiable.

Have i missed something?