PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IRELAND WEST AIRPORT KNOCK
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2013, 17:42
takingoff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kinocker...

I stand corrected on my previous comment about the additional Luton service. As I previously said I had to go on that flight yesterday and it was JAMMED packed, pax struggling to find a seat busy. It could well be that advanced bookings for June are high and it was worth MOLs while to run another flight. I think there's a few festivals on around then so they could be helping matters too maybe. Also spend per passenger on confectionery items was very high on this particular flight which I was somewhat surprised about. Maybe I'm more used to flying early morning/late night services when demand for these items are generally very low, but I was take aback on how many people actually purchased items.

I flew on the 16:40 Stansted flight back just now and asked cabin crew about numbers and was informed 184 seats out of 189 were sold.

On another side note my lift situation didn't work out well so unfortunately I had to hire a car this time. The lad from Budget said 45 cars were rented out from their office, more from Hertz and the same number from Avis & Europcar for the weekend. Again I was surprised that on a given weekend over 200 cars were rented from the airport, admittedly your man did say they were busier than normal with a lot of Communions & Confirmations taking place over the weekend in the West.