PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA publishes draft IMC flight 'Opinion'
Old 28th Apr 2013, 16:01
englishal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not sure about dead bodies, but what you will get are people flying "VFR" in IFR conditions and telling ATC they are "VFR" You could never be prosecuted for this as only the pilot can report flight conditions.

There are something like 10,000 FAA certificate holders in Europe, the VAST majority of them hold an FAA IR (as it was the reason to get an FAA cert for most of us). I really wonder what EASA's thinking is - Is it a grudge against the FAA? Are they that petty?

The FAA system is tried and tested, and whether you talk about maintenance, certification, or whatever, IT WORKS. Why don't EASA just accept this fact, make their life easy and by a copy of the FAR/AIM and say ok, this is how it is going to be....and copy the book.

Actually I know why not....Job Creation. Big salaries, expenses, trips for the boys and girls - Paid for by US. I have a poster stuck on the wall of my office at work says "HOLD A MEETING, FEEL IMPORTANT; OFFLOAD DECISIONS" and then "MEETINGS - THE PRACTICAL ALTERNATIVE TO WORK" I might send a copy to EASA.

Actually this whole EU thing p*sses me off on principal. Actually so much so, that I have even inquired about an internal company transfer to the USA....Then I can have my big house, with the local airport a few mins away, and my N reg Super Commander parked in the hangar and no Eurobull !!!