PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - THY - Would you recommend them?
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2013, 14:58
9287Excellent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've flown THY many times, although not for about 2 years now myself. I've used them flying to visit family in Adana in Turkey via Istanbul and I can not rate them highly enough. The only bad experience I had with them, was when myself and two friends flew with them LHR-IST-ADA and my friends bags got left at Heathrow, but were put on the next flight out later that day and they had them by that evening. On some of there domestic flights some of the cabin crews' English can be a little limited, but I have always found them very helpful and willing to help if they/where they can. I remember on one flight from IST-ADA I asked one of the cabin crew members about travelling to Cappadocia (a very nice/historic area of Turkey) and he went off and got some information from some of the other crew and the pilot and even gave me contact details for a friend of his who lives in that area who he said would be happy to show us round...I didn't have the heart to tell him that my family were going to be taking us and showing us around, but I have yet to find as friendly crew on many other airlines.

Basically, although my experiences are a few years old, I would highly recommend them! My family travel with them all over the World and they only have good things to say about THY! I'd say go for it!