PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - iPad3 or iPad mini for flying, any thoughts please?
Old 28th Apr 2013, 12:11
chopper99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7

I imaging for most medium sized helicopters with limited panel real estate the 7 inch moving map display is the best fit. I use Sky-map.de on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 and am quite happy with it. Also have used a Dell Streak5 with a nice bright display. Sky Map sells moving maps for Europe and North America with a weather overlay, approach plates that pop up and so on. However, since I currently operate in PNG the main reason I stuck with them has been that you can scan and geo reference your own maps, including approach plates and even create your own airspace. To import your own way-points requires a bit of a converter but overall I am very happy with the program as it is suited for people that fly in places that the main stream software and GPS manuf./providers do not cater to. Nice thing is that this program is cross platform compatible Windows tablet, Android and Ipad. The developer is very responsive and helpful.