PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2013, 05:57
JSFfan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LO, who knows what the total number will be and we can speculate all day..I'm more concerned with when is block 3 and how many per year in the ramp up from 2015 till 2020..it's how many a year that counts for the price partners pay

CM, nothing has changed no matter how many times it is asked, as I have said before, I'm still only a pleb with the same public access most have. ..I just don't subscribe to the fantasy that the f-35 will be canceled and there will be a rush for eurocanard or boeing orders

Turbine, I don't know how many times they need to say there are 3 procurement priorities..the f-35, subs and a long range bomber..the annual hat in hand to the congress for their budget is par for the course

fox...I'm always happy to be shown as wrong and when I make a mistake I freely admit it
no one challenges things against the f-35 very often..if they look into it..norway has said their first 6 are dear because of lrip all the other stuff they need spread over only a few frames..
Korea will pay more because of FMS fees and they have been quoted $180m in a package deal
for reference the gripen and super hornet package are about $150m ea and the Omar typhoon package seems to be well over $200m and already dearer than the f-35

Last edited by JSFfan; 28th Apr 2013 at 06:22.