PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA publishes draft IMC flight 'Opinion'
Old 27th Apr 2013, 11:06
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BEagle

The EIR would achieve the ability to climb on top to do air work!

2 years ago I argued that EASA would never approve a part IR unless it was a modular step towards a full IR.

That appears to have been the case in presenting the EIR although I have my own doubts on a part IR without approach and departure privalages.

Until the fat lady sings nothing is set in stone and I have concerns that all these promises will get watered down or an excuse why not given at some point!
It all appears to good to be true.

Hence why it is vitally important that efforts from talented people like yourself should be put to making sure an FAA style IR goes through as well as an EIR and not fighting for something which IMO could never happen.
The other concern is member states scuppering the lot in petty squabbles and self interest.

I really do not like being correct as I have flown with an IMCR for years and know its benefits but we really do need to make sure the IR and EIR go through or we are all stuffed

There are approx 11000 N reg pilots in Europe! Most because of the FAA IR so its not true that pilots cannot afford or want a full IR and an FAA IR is not a lot more effort to achieve than the IMCR
If the whole thing was scuppered then EASA would be forced to do something on safety grounds as they are a safety agency not an anti safety agency.

My dream has always been to see a harmonization of FCL worldwide which is right and proper and the IMCR was too insular
We should be looking to winning the war not a minor battle and loosing the war
In the process because we are focused in the wrong direction

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 27th Apr 2013 at 12:22.