PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cabin Crew Bonded for the season?!?!
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2003, 13:05
TightSlot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But there are more applicants than jobs - that's not just my perception, it is fact. If you don't believe me, that's fine, just ask your HR department.

Airlines don't want to retain disgruntled employees: They are however entitled to seek a partial return of the significant costs incurred. The bonding charge doesn't "chain" the employee, but it makes them stop and think carefully. The bonding charge primarily serves as a method of controlling time-wasters at the recruitment/early training stage. The bonding costs charged do not begin to approach the real costs incurred by the employer during the recruitment and training of a new-hire.

I hope that people will turn down this kind of contracts. We are making our own chains by accepting this kind of constrictions
People won't turn down this kind of contract, exactly because the number of applicants exceeds the number of jobs. Just as Ryanair is not experiencing a pilot shortage because of its' various bonding charges to applicants.

Dickens' times are not over - on the contrary, they are back with a vengeance, like it or not, and we might as well get used to it. 9/11, Chapter 11, woeful summer bookings and a probable Gulf War mean that all the advantages lie with the employers. A fair percentage (inc. poss me) of those reading this post will be redundant by the end of the year. If you don't like that situation, yell at your elected representative, not me.

Last edited by TightSlot; 21st Feb 2003 at 13:19.