PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2013, 17:43
Courtney Mil

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Whilst you appear to make a good point, JSFfan, I think you need to read kbrock's post a little more carefully. I would like to think you're right, but it's quite plain to see that you're somewhat seduced by the more optomistic figures. As we have discussed here before, it's a little early to be quoting ANY operating costs as set in concrete just now - EVERY project before this one has shown us that.

We shall get closer to an answer next month, but that will still not remove doubt. You don't need to worry too much about it as this is about cost for now, not capability, which is a different issue.

Ask yourself - not us, please - why nations are still holding off. I commend Kbrock's words to you. A purely defensive "it's great and we know how it's going to turn out" response isn't appropiate in this case. Not for quite a while yet.

On a personal note, I suspect it will be OK, but that doesn't mean any of us know that yet. And those of us that have been involved in mant previous programmes have learnt that the hard way.