PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2013, 11:34
LowObservable

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
A lot of good points... One aspect that needs to be underscored is that the JSF program is highly insular, having been underway under tight security (at least as regards things like stealth/EMCON and sensor fusion) for 16+ years and operating under the conviction that US technology in general and the F-35 in particular far outclasses the rest of the world.

There was a presenter a couple of years ago at an international conference from the F-35 datalink world. I asked him a couple of questions about how their approach differed from Sweden's and he looked at me as if I was talking about Tibet's Mach 4 bomber program.

What they don't get (a lot of the time) is that just because some JSF widget is new to the US, it's not necessarily unique.

Meanwhile, Gen Bogdan needs a new spokesman. From the story cited by KBrockman...

"The F-35 is no more or less vulnerable to known cyber threats than legacy aircraft were during their initial development and early production," spokesman Joe DellaVedova said when asked about a comment by Christopher Bodgan, the F-35 program manager, to lawmakers on Wednesday.

Pentagon downplays comment on F-35 fighter jet cyber threat | Reuters

As the kiddies say these days, LOL WUT?

Cyber threats to the F-16 and F-15? Who knew?