PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA to JAR after training in Florida
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2013, 08:17
CrackedCay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FAA to JAA after training in Florida

Hello, this is my first post on this forum, so I hope it's in the right place. (Please link me in the right direction if it's wrong).

So bare with me, I haven't properly started my PPL training yet but I'm currently working my socks off to get the money together. I'm 18, I live in Ireland, and I did 2 hours about 2 years ago and have just wanted to get back in the cockpit ever since (money was the barrier).

I'm hearing everybody say 'FLORIDA FLORIDA FLORIDA' and after looking at some posts on this forum and others, it seems to be the way to go to save money. I'm trying to get all of the technical info sorted but I need some help with this.

I'm completely confused by all of this JAA/JAR/FAA stuff. My aim is to train for my PPL in florida, and come back to Ireland to fly here, and eventually beyond. From what I know (could be wrong), the FAA is the system you train under in the US, and the JAR is in Europe. I'm not sure where the JAA fits in, but my question is:
what are the problems with converting from one standard to the other, so I can fly in Ireland?

My knowledge is quite poor in this area so bare that in mind if you can.

Thanks!

Last edited by CrackedCay; 26th Apr 2013 at 21:15.